7 Solutions for Household Clutter
For a smart living and an efficient home, clutter is never helpful. If you have those retired boxes and jars lying around which are not serving any specific purpose, or may be a sock, an old shoe, you need to get rid of all of them. Decluttering is an art itself, it makes you analyze what you should get rid of and then makes you implement it. Also, there are a lot of unique ideas of decluttering which not necessarily require you to get rid of something completely, instead you can use it in a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) project of yours. So just to help out our readers on getting rid of their clutter, we have compiled this list of “7 Solutions for Household Clutter”, they are:
- Jars for Office Supplies: Jars serve as an efficient storage for office supplies. They give out a unique vibe and you have tons of them lying around, empty and useless. So make good use of them.
- Shoe Boxes for Books and Letters: If you have lots and lots of books and letters which you are unable to arrange, make use of shoe boxes. We all have many empty shoe boxes and they are the perfect storage for books and letters. Also, for more efficiency, you can categorize books and letters by labelling the shoe boxes.
- Donate or Sell Clothes Never Worn: It if has been a year and you haven’t worn a dress, looks like it’s about time to let it go. A good way is to either donate or sell such type of clothing to cut down the clutter even more.
- Ditch the Sock without a Sole Mate: Quite a lot of times after laundry, we find out that a sock’s partner is missing. And it happens so often that soon you have a whole pile of socks’ missing their sole mates. You need to ditch all such socks.
- Ditch Your Expired Makeup: Did you know that all those makeup items you have in your bag are meant to be used for a particular amount of time. Such as, mascara is meant to be used within three months, lipstick and eye shadow within two years and foundation within about a year. So if any of the makeup items has lasted longer than the mentioned durations, it’s time for them to go.
- Throw Away All the Expired Food: Look around for the canned food which might have passed their expiration date, if there is any, you need to get rid of it to declutter your fridge and your home altogether. If there is food which isn’t expired but you won’t like to eat, consider donating it to the local food pantry.
- Give Away All Those Movies You Don’t Like: Do you have VHS tapes of movies which you don’t like or won’t like to watch again? If yes, then you need to give away all such movies, either to friends or simply sell to a used electronics store.